November 6, 2013

What I'm Reading Wednesday: Connecting the Dots

The Book of SomedayThe Book of Someday by Dianne Dixon
Goodreads SummaryThree women. One stranger in a shimmering silver dress. Whatever binds them together has already destroyed one life. It just might consume them all.

Someday, Livvi Gray will break free from her past. Someday, she will escape her recurring nightmare about that stranger in a shimmering silver dress. Someday, she will have a family of her own. Now she's found Andrew, and someday seems to be right around the corner. But there's so much Livvi doesn't know.

Shortly before her thirtieth birthday, she will come face-to-face with the stranger from her dream-an encounter that will alter Livvi's future and crack open everything she knew about her past. Livvi is swiftly moving toward the ultimate turning point in her life-and she's not the only one. Linked by an unforgettable mystery, photographer Micah and young mother AnnaLee are also being rapidly drawn into a web of devastating secrets about the unexpected ways in which we choose to protect-and betray-the people we love.


My Thoughts:  A friend gave me this book over the summer, and it collected dust on my shelf until I found myself with nothing to read last week.  I'm glad I re-discovered it!  The Book of Someday is a sweet book about three women whose lives are connected in some unknown way.  That kind of plot always hooks me in from the get-go--I love that kind of thing.  I read through the book fairly quickly (for a grown up book...) because I wanted to find out how these women's lives would intersect.  However, the individual stories were definitely not strong enough to stand on their own.  The characters were a little unrealistic, and there were many times when the dialogue just seemed fake.  However, I did enjoy the book, especially Livvi's story as she figured out what she wanted for herself in her adult life.  The ending left something to be desired, though--it just kind of...stopped.  All in all I'd recommend it, but it's not getting my, "Rush to the library NOOOOW!" stamp of approval like some of my recent reads.

3/5 stars

What have you been reading this week?  Books?  Blogs?  Articles?  Magazines?


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...