February 21, 2013

Have you seen this tired teacher's brain?

You guys, I think my brain fell out of my head sometime between the report card comment writing and proofreading, trying to cram content into my math lessons to cover the 100 topics we haven't taught yet before state testing in two weeks, and working on prepping for two days of subs while I'm in Florida.  I spent the good part of my evening yesterday spread out here, on my classroom floor, in a mess of copies, post-its, 10 pages of sub plans, and a box of Girl Scout cookies...

Further evidence that I officially have no brain left?  Oh, buckle up--it's a good story.  Tuesday night (after a crappy, long day--seriously, aren't all days following a long weekend terrible?), I was sitting in my 3 hour grad school class--already on the verge of a breakdown--when my brother texted me asking me to send him my flight confirmation for the weekend.  (I'm going to Florida to visit my brother, sister-in-law, and niece and to run the Disney Princess Half Marathon Sunday.)  2 minutes later, my brother messages me on gchat saying, "WTF, this says January."  Folks, when planning my trip to Florida for a FEBRUARY half-marathon, I booked a flight for a weekend in JANUARY.  And didn't notice.  WHOOPS.

Knowing I was in class (and probably moments from curling up in the fetal position), my wonderful brother called the airline and booked me a new flight.  Unfortunately Flight #2 set me back $400+ more dollars which, added to my original ticket (that I can't get a refund for--seems they don't give refunds for things that fall under the "dumbass mistakes" umbrella), makes this one expensive flight to Florida!  Oh and instead of a direct flight I now will be enjoying a 4-hour layover in Dallas.  Annnd will be taking off during a snowstorm it seems...Yikes.

My whole family agrees that I officially an not allowed to book my own airline tickets anymore, and probably shouldn't even be trusted with a credit card in general...Honestly, I'm not even sure I can handle flying alone after this.  Hold me.
Boarding passes for the CORRECT day and Race Waiver--check!!

I'm trying to stay positive and see the humor in the whole thing--it really is kind of hilarious.  Thank goodness I was able to get last minute flights at all and on the dates I'd planned too!  It definitely could have been worse!!

Oh well.  I ((somehow)) made it through the week and in 24 hours I will be with this girl:

And in 60 hours I will be running here:

And everything will have been worth it :)

5 comments:

  1. Have fun and forget the whole airline thing. There's nothing you can do. Thank goodness it was caught. The first time I went to see my daughter in DC I went in Oct. and booked my return in Nov. instead of Oct. Similar story. She caught it. I changed it for a pretty pricy fee but better than being at the airport that Sunday night with no flight to get back to my job that was paying for these tickets. And aren't sub plans the absolute worst! Once again HAVE FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's always my biggest fear with booking flights!! But I hate dealing with airlines anyway. Good luck this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh bless you! BTDT. I hope you have a fabulous time in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh - horrible! That is always what I am afraid of, and I end up triple-checking every time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! I'm glad it worked out and you can laugh about it now. But oh man! What a disaster!

    Enjoy your race!! I'm very jealous :)

    Rae
    Mindful Rambles

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...