May 15, 2011

Rainy Sunday

I feel like for the past 2 months all I've done is complain about the weather, but seriously this is getting ridiculous.  Tuesday it was 90 degrees, humid, and scorchingly sunny.  Today with wind it "feels like" 35 and is rainy.  WHAT THE HECK.  Where is Spring???  At least it has given me a lot of excuses to bust out my beloved rain boots lately:
Last night I took the train to visit Best Friend in the city.  Best Friend and I were planning on going out to a wine bar, but when we ventured outside, it was so cold/windy/rainy that we only made it as far as the liquor store to buy a bottle of wine!  Pajamas, blankets, a movie, and wine definitely beat staggering around in that freezing rain though!  A delicious addition to the night were these vegan marshmallows Best Friend bought just for me!  How sweet is she?!?  These babies are DELICIOUS!  So dense and creamy...totally different (and way better) than their gelatin-filled brethren.  You better believe I snacked on these paired with handfuls of chocolate chunks straight outta the bag all night long...good for the soul. :)  (Read about my decision to stop eating gelatin as part of my vegetarian lifestyle in this post)
Since our plans to go out last night were spoiled, we decided to go out for breakfast this morning instead.  I am still crazy full!!  Um holy eggs and veggies goodness...

That's balsamic drizzled over the top, not chocolate...although now I'm wondering how chocolate and eggs would taste, and I have a feeling it might be kinda tasty...
And now, as I am every Sunday afternoon, I am faced with the question of, "to grade, or not to grade?" But let me tell you a little secret.  My grading folder is MUCH thinner this weekend because I decided not to even pretend I was going to grade our weekly literacy work...it went right in the recycling friday after school.  Does this make me a bad teacher?  Idk about that, but I sure am an exhausted one these days!  I was hoping for a bike ride today but with this wintery weather I think I will be opting to log some time on the indoor bike trainer while watching Glee. :)

Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. No, it doesn't make you a bad teacher! It makes you one who decided to set boundaries :)

    You DO deserve a life outside of being a teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not a bad teacher: recycling helps the environment!! :)

    Also, those boots are darn right CUTE!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...