March 24, 2011

Three Things Thursday

OR I am a lazy bum.

Seriously, my body is in for a rude awakening when I have to go back to school on Monday.  This has been the laziest week ever.  Today I actually attempted to be productive and ended up falling asleep mid-grading.  Sad, but very true.  Anyways...

ONE
I am driving out to "the country" aka non-suburbs tomorrow to visit one of my besties at grad school.  While I am dreading the (corn field filled) drive, I am looking so forward to seeing her.  One of the saddest parts about getting older is the distance it puts between you and the people you grew up with.  I am so lucky to have so many people from my childhood and teens still in my life.
Me & L
TWO
I have the tendancy to get a little bit sleeeepy on drives over an hour (this drive is 4...), so I'm in the middle of making a playlist to hopefully keep me awake.  I realized I have the tendency to put the same songs on pretty much every playlist.  This one is a mix of what I'm currently loving plus some old favorites.  Ex. My Girl is on almost every playlist I have.  It's probably my all time favorite song. :)
Taken out of my car window on a drive there a few years ago...picture this x 4 hours...

THREE
I'm realizing that Spring Break is almost over and my big plans to "be productive" and get "ahead of the game" have failed miserably.  In terms of planning, I've only gotten as far as checking out some picture books on the American Revolution from the library and glanced at my math manual...oops.  That's what Sunday's for, I guess?  Oh well. :)  It was a necessary break!

PS: Make sure you stop by the fabulous Fit Crafty English Teacher's blog--she's giving away some pretty sweet stuff!

PPS: In the midst of my grading procrastination, I decided to make a 30 before 30 list this week.  Take a look! :) What are some of the things on your "bucket list"?

4 comments:

  1. Great list! And totally possible to complete :)
    Two things pop into my mind that would be on my list…drive cross-country with my kids (and have it be fun) and live abroad with them for a year.
    Hope the drive goes well and you have a lovely visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reposting!

    I am thinking about making a list now.

    Don't feel bad. I fall asleep during grading all the time! That's what I get for bringing it home with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discovered your blog and I am really enjoying it. I was a 5th grade teacher for two years and I enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love visiting old friends! It is hard being so far away from friends and family though... it's great you get to fit in a visit!

    I used to make 5+ hour trips every other weekend to visit my now husband when we were dating long distance... great playlists are a must for long car trips on your own! Lots of caffeine was always important for me too :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...