March 12, 2011

Saturday Love

I love Saturdays that, like today, are filled with....
This shopping bag is embarrassingly full...
...shopping.  :)  I have to admit, one of my favorite Saturday activities is shopping.  Double win because my favorite store had a 30% off entire your purchase event today.  I always get a little credit card happy when the spring and summer clothes make their debut...even though it was still chilly here today, part of me must have decided that buying warm weather clothes will make spring come that much sooner.  Project for tomorrow = choose at least 2 items to return because I definitely got carried away!

...reading.  :)  I gave myself the gift of uninterrupted time with an amazing book today.  Tonight is book club night, and I somehow found myself with 200 pages left to read when I got up this morning!  Spending 4 hours reading today was...perfect.  Even better that the book, The Help, was...fabulous.  Review to come.

...sipping something yummy.  :)  I spent 2 hours at Starbucks this evening plowing through the final hundred pages of the book.  When I ordered my soy latte, I was pleasantly surprised to find that all beverage orders came with a free mini-dessert today!  Afternoon sweet munchie?  Yes please!  This red velvet whoopie pie was lovely.

I'm so happy my Saturday was filled with all of those things, and not with...

...grading and planning.  This is my untouched school bag, which will be waiting for me tomorrow... :-/

Until then, I am looking forward to a delightful evening of book discussion, home-made pizza (shut the front door, I actually cooked.  And something that is not PBJ or oatmeal!! MIRACLE.), movie, and girl time.  Bliss.

How did you spend your Saturday?
What are your Saturday night plans?

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a fun day! I've heard of The Help before, but I'm not sure what it's about. I'll be looking forward to your review!

    My Saturday plans involved a 12 mile run followed by a nap. This evening we had dinner with some family and are now waiting for friends to come over to play board games :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...