March 27, 2011

Bye, Spring Break... :(

Well, I survived the two 4 hour drives through corn and nothingness and enjoyed a wonderful visit with a wonderful friend--actually, my OLDEST friend, not in age, but in length of time!  We met as babies. :)

The wonderful scenery aka boring farmland on the drive...
One of many small town sign gems that kept me amused...seriously, there were so many things I wanted to take pictures of, but couldn't get my phone out in time...


It was fun being with my friend at school and gave me a little flashback to college days.  We enjoyed watching hours of Friends on dvd and reciting the lines, shopping, and going out dancing.  In true college form, we didn't go out until after 11pm. (!!!)  This is usually my bed time... We had a great time, although after that I am exhausted!

On the drive home, I stopped for one of these...
Mmmmm.  Shamrock Shakes...It made the last hour *ALMOST* bearable!  

Unfortunately today is the LAST day of spring break, and I am not too excited to go back to school...especially since I really have nothing planned for the week!  Oops!  Time to head to Starbucks with my manuals and computer... :-/ Maybe after a short nap...

PS: I realized yesterday that there are only a little over TWO MONTHS of school left!  WHAT?!?  Oh my goodness, that's nowhere near enough time to squeeze in everything I was hoping to teach...but at the same time, summer cannot come soon enough. :)

2 comments:

  1. I totally indulged in a Shamrock Shake during lunch on Friday since we didn't have kids. They are YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a good trip! Your post just reminded me that I never had a shamrock shake this year :( Are they still at all McDonald's?? Now I want one!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...