January 27, 2011

Thursday Highs & Lows

Highs of today:

  • Runnings 5 miles with only slight pain in my tibia and calf muscles (hooray!)
  • Binding the books my kiddos have worked so hard to publish for our school's reading event next week, and reading some of the amazing stories they have come up with
  • Making time for read aloud after lunch
Low of today:
  • Laminating more damn sentence strips with objectives and sentence frames on them to post in the room...I feel that about 30% of my time these days is occupied with either writing on the sentence strips, laminating them, cutting them out, posting them, or taking them down to make room for new ones.  THIS is a good use of my time... :-/
Lowest of today:
  • Calling DCFS with the social worker about a student... :( I don't think I'll ever get used to this type of thing...

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the 5 miles!!

    Your lowest point of the day makes me sad :( I'd imagine that's a really hard thing to do, but it's good they have a teacher who cares.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...