January 4, 2011

5th grade Role Models

During writing workshop today I spotted one of my darlings with her hand up in the air. She had a blank notebook in front of her, and was clearly contemplating a new piece.
Our conversation:

Miss Teacher: "What can I do for you?"
Student: "I need help starting a new piece. I was wondering, can it be like...a biography? About Justin Bieber?"
Miss Teacher: "Hmm...were you planning on doing research? Because you'd need some facts for a biography."
Student: "Well, I have 1 book about him at home. I was thinking I'd wrote the first half about his life, then the second half about how his music inspires me."
Miss Teacher: *attempting not to laugh* "That sounds like a wonderful idea. I can't wait to see how it turns out!"

Love love love fifth graders!

1 comment:

  1. I want to read it too! p.s. new post on my blog ;) heh

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...